 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 43
Re: did everyone have fun at mel's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 16:37:30 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
did everyone have fun at mel's???

did you drink a toast to absent friends?

I sure wished I could have been there!

Yes,
I did have a good time at Mels. I was an hour late, but didn't miss all of the
fun. It was interesting how diverse our interests with Lego and other stuff
are. We couldn't seem to carry on a single topic of conversation for more than
a minute. One minute it was trains (cool, but I am train illiterate), then it
was wierd and wack space/scifi stuff (some tower from the earth to orbit thing,
on which I am equally illiterate). And so on. But it was neat to get together
and share ideas. Jeff explained his gearshifting approach to getting four
motors out of three. Dave had his laptop with some MlCad stuff that I really
wanted to see. And unfortunately we scared away a guy who apparently wasn't
into Technic or robotics (is that possible? :). Its too bad, but when we got
talking about how to include non- robotics lego enthusiasts, there wasn't much
of a consensus. Tough call. and apparently Ian doesn't want to do another
blockstacker, but I am going to try and convince him otherwise. The more
blockstackers the next time, the better.
Rob