 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 52
Re: did everyone have fun at mel's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 19:21:23 GMT

Says he who can actually *build* a working robot. :)

I *do* have 3 RCX's now, and I think that could make for fun. :)

Wow, three RCX's to play with, and you would let yourself get beat by someone
who only has one?? I have lots of ideas for blockstackers, but I think I should
just stick to the semi workable idea I had from last time. Maybe I could build
another robot, and use the same RCX for both of them? Now a Lego priveledged
individual such as yourself could, in theory bring three separate working
robots. I suppose that would take a lot of spare time. No, that would take all
of your spare time, and then some. But it would be cool. Anyway, here are my
ideas (pretty rough) I want to see a blockstacker done with pneumatics (kind of
like Chris's, but one that works on its own). This would probably take two
RCX's to do it right (which counts me out), and I'm sure thats the type of
thing Chris is working on right now. Another thing I want to try, but probably
won't is to use the tank treads as conveyors to lift the blocks up into a
chute. I'm picturing two treads running vertically. The neat thing about this
is that they could run all the time from a seperate battery box, without
needing to use an RCX output. When full, the chute would open to let go of the
tower. I hope I have offered some inspiration,
Rob