 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 53
Re: did everyone have fun at mel's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 21:40:43 GMT

Anyway, here are my
ideas (pretty rough) I want to see a blockstacker done with pneumatics (kind of
like Chris's, but one that works on its own).

Ohhhhhh was that a shot ????  (grin)  what are you trying to say, that a
remote controlled robot is not allowed?
I'll have you know that I'm entering the exact same robot except maybe
I'll add code this time.  (grin)

This would probably take two
RCX's to do it right (which counts me out), and I'm sure thats the type of
thing Chris is working on right now.

seriously.... I'm rebuilding the same type of robot from the ground up.
it will be faster better cheaper.  and it should only require 1 RCX.
why do you say that a proper bot would need 2?

Another thing I want to try, but probably
won't is to use the tank treads as conveyors to lift the blocks up into a
chute. I'm picturing two treads running vertically. The neat thing about this
is that they could run all the time from a seperate battery box, without
needing to use an RCX output. When full, the chute would open to let go of the
tower. I hope I have offered some inspiration,

this is the same kind of Idea Jeff used in his marble sorter
"Cinderblock"  it used the old tank treads that always ran, powered buy
a batter box, then he stuck... pins in the treads which dragged marbles
up a ramp.  it worked very well!!!

Chris
Lego Walker now @
www.members.home.net/cmagno/technics/index.htm