 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 55
Re: did everyone have fun at mel's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 15:15:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
oh i dream of those weighted LEGO bricks.  I heard about them, and even seen
them in another robot competiton.  A guy made this big hammer like structure
with all those lead filled LEGO bricks at the top.  I can imagine the mayhem
that caused.

Speaking of much wanted bricks,
The pieces I'm trying to scrounge up now, on my wish list, whatever, in the
sequence of priority, are:

The big technic turntables (drooling over Jin's dog which had like 6 of them)

Those power switches that Chris was using for his walker.  Those would
definitly help me with my future robot building endeavours.

The one truck I saw in the LUGNET list, can't remember the set #, but it has
like every conceivable pneumatic part and a turntable to boot.  It's like a
crane or something.  Oh droool.  (Chris's spare sub set would be a close
second if he wants to sell me one--hint hint)  of course I would also then
look at getting more pneumatic parts, automatic pumps, et al.

The LEGO solar cell and/or capacitors I saw on the Robolab page.  I want at
least 4 solar cells.  The capacitors?  not so much.

The weighted bricks mentioned in my previous post.

The very old gears from mid '70's with the treads.  They would make a better
conveyor belt than the existing tank treads.

Lessee, what else...
That's about it for my wish list.  Technic anyways.
Other LEGO parts?  Since my LEGO life is focused on tech right now, not much
else.  I know if I had the time and money, I owuld love to get into the
Trains.  Been checking out lotsa stuff on that, after witnessing Calum's
enthusiasm.  But, alas, my pocketbook just isn't that extensive.
Perhaps in the future.
Would like more monorail track (for future spacescape projects)  Right now my
track changing switches are basically munched.  they don't work that well
anymore.  Want new ones.
Just a brief look at my wish list.
I remain,
Dave