 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 54
Re: did everyone have fun at mel's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:58:10 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
I can't think of anything original. I do have this one idea, although I
think it'd be terribly unfair and probably get smashed appart by whatever
Dave comes up with (I'm picturing a swinging mass on arm, 2 kg type)... but
I *do* have 3 RCX's now, and I think that could make for fun. :)

oh i dream of those weighted LEGO bricks.  I heard about them, and even seen
them in another robot competiton.  A guy made this big hammer like structure
with all those lead filled LEGO bricks at the top.  I can imagine the mayhem
that caused.
My problem is, i don't like seeing my LEGO bricks wrecked, so I extend that
courtesy to other people's bricks.
LEGO is almost an institution for me.  Causing harm is not so good.
Doesn't mean I won't program yet another 'mayhem' mode after my 'bot picks up
all the blocks on the field ;)
Anyway, Calums snivving rule fully applies, as in I saw some great ideas at
the last competiton, so if my 'bot looks like a hodge podge of 'bots from
September, don't be too surprised.
The only question I have is do I order more motors so I can build a completely
new 'bot and keep my existing stacker, or do I just tear the one I have right
down and only make one.
Hmmmm... decisions decisions.
I remain,
Dave