 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3599
Re: Robot Accuracy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:11:34 GMT

So I have revamped Runamok 'Bot with 40 tooth gears for a great speed increase.
And the rotation sensors are still accurate at this increased speed.  Now,
however, the light sensor misses--could be the codeing or the light
conditions in my room--so I'll spend this weekend working that out.

Before with 24 tooth gears, as you all saw in the only *proof* on-line of a
'bot actually working totally, it did the scan and move flawlessly, albeit
not accurately.

The major debate is whether or not to wimp out and drop down to you lowly
touch sensor types for positioning or stick with the wonderful rotation sensors.

So that's what I'm working on.  Let the banter ensue!

Stay safe

Dave

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
It's a matter of really characterizing why
the robot does something.  Collect data.  Collect statistics.  Change ONLY
ONE VARIABLE AT A TIME.

this is my plan.  I want to SLOW the entire thing down, and start to
display data on the LCD.

Bruce suggested to me that maybe some "stack" is not mis behaving.

So a question to the Group.  if a v 1.0 RCX that is always powered by an
official lego AC power supply, when I press the red button and power off
the RCX, then turn it back on.... this should "clear" any memory
issues?? or does the power supply ghost power and the rcx still holds
data?

--
Chris
Pretend this says something funny