 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3586
3585  |  3587
Subject:
Robot – Accuracy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 23:30:04 GMT

I haven’t finished my robot because I couldn’t get repeatable accuracy from
the rotation sensors. I tried various solutions but nothing was giving me
the accuracy I wanted. It was driving me nuts!

I switched over to touch sensors, combined with a slightly more involved
chunk of logic that controls the movement, and I can now make that sucker
stop consistently on a particular tooth of a gear rack.  To test it, I put
it in a loop…and so far it has hit the mark 368 times!

That was the X-axis…now for the Y-axis…

Bruce