 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3594
Re: Robot – Accuracy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 05:16:11 GMT

So how are you doing...Last thing I heard is that your robot needs a 4
second diet...then again you do claim to be a very fast scanner.

WELL, truth be told, what Derek told us really scared me.  from my
current speed of  (bleep) the thought of having to shave off 4 more
seconds....

I just knew I could NOT do it in software.  i took a look at my code and
i can safely say that ALL the wait statements are gone.

So, how about hardware.  I took my robot apart and started to rebuild it
with faster gearing but at a cost of lower torque.

guess what, the darn thing would not move.  (I even contemplated some
sort of jelly lube for me and the robot) All i could do was  return the
robot to its former state.  So i am stuck.  YES, you read it hear first
folks.  unless I get an epiphany or something I am at the wall.  you all
have a  known time to beat.

good luck.

As I said at dinner all I can work on is accuracy. and that damn Blue
Screen Of Death -- freeze.

i just don't get it.  the robot will now solve the anti-x reliably, but
I am getting a 50% DROP in success of solving almost ANY other pattern.
And by this I mean the same software under the same conditions and the
robot just FREEZE's half the time.

ARGH!!

--
Chris