 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3595
Re: Robot – Accuracy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 07:14:50 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
i just don't get it.  the robot will now solve the anti-x reliably, but
I am getting a 50% DROP in success of solving almost ANY other pattern.
And by this I mean the same software under the same conditions and the
robot just FREEZE's half the time.

ARGH!!

To (mis)quote the IBM commercial:

"That's when it hits you:  You are so beat by Bruce." :)

If it makes you feel better, I have disassembled pretty well all of the
xEmployees entry to increase sensor resolution, gearing ratios, EOAT speeds
and a pile of other improvements.  I presume Mario will continue with
AntiPat* code, and smore software updates, at least that's the plan unless I
get conscripted into the test/verification cycle at the office instead of
the usual.

We're not up against a wall yet.  But the only walls out there are
perceived--the only wall is really in your own design and whatever
logic/reasoning fits behind it.  It's a matter of really characterizing why
the robot does something.  Collect data.  Collect statistics.  Change ONLY
ONE VARIABLE AT A TIME.

Calum
*-named after the Pat Problem, a strategic flaw noticed by a coworker named Pat.