 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2605
2604  |  2606
Subject:
plates or bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 23:50:56 GMT

First iain writes:

Yeah, I felt kind of guilty asking to go without having much to contribute.
I don't have very many minifigs. Heck, I couldn't find enough black 2x4
bricks to make the playing feild for rtl10!

(not to change the subject, but do the bricks have to be red? I definately
don't have 16 1x3 bricks, let alone 16 white ones, to make 8 blocks...)

then Dave says:

The blocks, they white or red?  Have we finalized all the rules?  is there a
posting of them somewhere?

Here's a small prob for me...

If we make our cells out of bricks instead of plates, that only leaves a 1
brick exposure for whatever grabbing mechanism you dream up to grab on to,
for the block is 2 bricks high--the bottom row will be 'hidden' by the cell
walls.

(venting on)

SEE!!! this is the reason I post a thread asking people to choose bricks
or plates.

ARGH!!!  then because BRUCE backs down, Calum proclaims that his idea
won and that the walls should be bricks.

(venting off)

I guess things have been decided.  as it stands the cell walls will be
made of bricks.  I now have to go and buy bricks.   even though plates
would have been an easier height to grab

YES the blocks have to be white.  BUT for @ home testing you can make
the blocks any colour, and then plate them white for the "top"  (that's
what i did)  then for the event we'll have someone volunteer and make a
bunch of official blocks.   should be ok I think.

:)

Chris
Visit my newly revamped walker page @
http://www.members.home.net/cmagno/technics/index.htm