 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2753
Re: Toronto Lego Users Group?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 00:00:10 GMT

HI James,

(silly mode on)

Welcome to the group. Now that you found us, I'll guess you passed the
first test.

Next We'll have to show you the secret handshake.  You will have to buy
the official T-shirt to look cool like the rest of us.  Then we move
right  on to what you do.

I've taken the liberty to discover that you just joined LUGNET ( good
for you) and have noticed that in the membership page you said this:

"Favorite LEGO toys/themes: MindStorms Star Wars Space"

I'll ignore the star wars indiscretion and we can focus on  the
Mindstorms part.

AS of right now you have barely 3 months to build a robot to enter into
the 10th rtlToronto robot games.  (yes we have had 9 others)  if you
have a high speed internet connection check out all the past pics on the
main RTLToronto  web page.

The object of the r10 robot game is:

A pattern assembly game that closely resembles a real world robotics
application. The general idea is that participants build a robot that
can take a random starting pattern of 8 pieces on a 4x4 grid and
reassemble them into a known pattern.

All details can be found here:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-020002-rules.html

as well, in about a week,  (Nov. 16 I think) we have our monthly get
together.

Lastly.... Glad you found us.

:)

Chris