 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2610
Re: plates or bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 14:54:32 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
(venting on)

SEE!!! this is the reason I post a thread asking people to choose bricks
or plates.

ARGH!!!  then because BRUCE backs down, Calum proclaims that his idea
won and that the walls should be bricks.

(venting off)

Is Calum entering a 'bot?
I thought in the general rtlToronto sense, that Calum was the pseudo leader
for train events, whilst Chris was the head honcho for robotic events...

<dissing>

So why are we gearheads listening to Calum when it comes to the next robotic
event????? ;p

(The inverse is also true -- why do we trainees listen to Chris about
anything concerning the train shows ;) )

</dissing>

Man I love being part of both worlds of rtlToronto :)))))

Anywho, I am going to make my unique grabber mechanism.  It may disqualify
me from winning but I think it's so neat that i'm willing to take the chance.

Rationale #1 - doesn't matter b/w plates or bricks.  You still have to lift
the block high enuf to clear the other blocks onthe board.  If you lift a
block higher than the other blocks, it's going to clear either bricks or plates.

When Chris first posted his thread about plates or blocks, I really didn't
care because I was going to use my old stand-by grabber arm which worked so
well at the first block stacking contest.  Now, tho, I think that's just
wimping out (tho if my new grabbing mechanism doesn't work well, I'll fall
back to that one :) ) so I wanna try something radically different.

I'm also planning to not do the plotter printer thingy for that's wimping
out.  I hope all these plans o' mine come together.  In the end we shall see
what happens.

Take care

Dave