 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1975
Re: train2 rollcall...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 16:47:22 GMT

<snip>

Mine was far to tall and too wide (8-9 studs)

... I hope I have not just started a 6 vs 8 wide debate...

I think that is why the modules are laid out for a reason....approx 4 stud
clearance on each side, and 15 studs on the height....but the possible
combination of length and width might be a problem on the turns.

As far as the debate goes, 6-scale is what I use...it isn't the most
"realistic" scale to use as far as reality goes, and on the passenger trains
it is hard to go around the seats....but as far as the cars go, its fine
for me.  8 wide is more preferred by purists, and it isn't too wide for
mini-fig scale....
anything wider than that is a problem for most layouts, and would really
suit the creator figs / macrofigs!!

Benjamin Medinets