 Off-Topic / Geek / 4061
Re: MS IE SUCKS!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 04:26:33 GMT

They got Counter-Strike for Linux?  Or just Half-Life?  How bout pirated
versions of Photoshop?  I'd have a mac if they made those things for me.
How bout a driver for my cd burner from sony that has a drive slot for digi
cam card?  Well, till they make those things, I'm stuck.  If they do, I'd
love to know about it!

e.

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, William R. Ward writes:
"Erick" <erick_jensen@hotmail.com> writes:
Why does IE suck so much now?  It constantly sucks my cpu down so much so
that the mouse stalls out.  This happens when loading pages, or even just
sitting there.  I think the idle stalls are caused by Messenger running in
the background.  But it's gotten to the point where if I look a page with
multiple large pics it hangs for close to a minute.  I don't really want to
reformat/reinstall windows.  Anybody know of a better fix?  If I changed (in
the registry) my port speeds to tweak a 56k connection, would that help?
Getting the latest version of IE hasn't helped either.

Why?  To make you buy a faster computer, of course.  That's the whole
reason that Microsoft made it "part of the operating system" - so they
could slow it down just like everything else with the new version, to
make you buy a new faster PC, which of course comes with another copy
of the latest slower version of the OS...

Do youreself a favor.  Reformat the hard drive and install Linux.
You'll be amazed how fast your slow computer really is.

--Bill.