 Off-Topic / Geek / 3988
Re: MS IE SUCKS!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 17:58:29 GMT

1) IE is pretty good on MAC, a little worse on PC. They are developed
independently of one another.

2) (A layman's explanation of PNG) PNG is the extension of an image format that
is intended to replace the GIF image format without the legal hassles.  PNG
supports true color, transparency (against any background including patterns),
and alpha channel graphics -- by comparison GIF has a maximum of 256 colors and
transparency must be indexed to a particular color (transparency is usually
anti-aliased against a particular color so the graphics cannot be placed
against any background unless carefully edited for that purpose, in which case
some "jaggies" will likely result).

3) Opera -- the best browser made, in my opinion.

My question is: why does mozilla seem better than netscape communicator?  Or am
I high?

-- Hop-Frog