 Off-Topic / Geek / 4003
Re: MS IE SUCKS!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 20:23:35 GMT

richard marchetti <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote:
And while I didn't look into it very carefully, I think Mozilla may be
fixing things in bad code -- which Opera never does (this might have been
proprietary DHTML on the part of IE and Netscape -- and you know how they
like to keep up with one another. Blech!). Of course, the benefit of a
browser NOT fixing code is troubleshooting errors.

Check this out: <http://www.mozilla.org/docs/web-developer/quirks/>

In short, Mozilla has three modes: quirks, almost standards, and full
standards. If you tell it that you're using strict real HTML, it'll believe
you. Otherwise, it'll try to be forgiving.

Opera still wins, hands down. Free with banner, or $30 USD for registered
version.

Yeah, but the UI is *so* bad. Ugh.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>