 Off-Topic / Geek / 3991
Re: MS IE SUCKS!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 22:27:10 GMT

richard marchetti <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote:
Yeah, I agree it's better -- it was just that I thought Netscape's
Communicator was based on the Mozilla code.  I guess I was wrong...

Netscape Communicator refers to the 4.7x and earlier browser suite, which
does not share code with Mozilla. The new product is now just called
"Netscape" (as in "Netscape 7.0") and *is* based on Mozilla code. Basically,
they take the Mozilla tree every now and then, add a bunch of commercial
junk and AOL advertisements, and release it as Netscape x.x. Meanwhile,
Mozilla development has moved forward to new and better things.

The latest version of Mozilla appears to support PNG, so that's a good
thing. And as you said of Galeon, it's free!

Galeon is based on the Mozilla engine. And yeah, PNG support in Mozilla is
as good as it gets.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
Boston University Linux      ------>                <http://linux.bu.edu/>