 Off-Topic / Geek / 3980
3979  |  3981
Subject:
MS IE SUCKS!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 04:42:51 GMT

Why does IE suck so much now?  It constantly sucks my cpu down so much so
that the mouse stalls out.  This happens when loading pages, or even just
sitting there.  I think the idle stalls are caused by Messenger running in
the background.  But it's gotten to the point where if I look a page with
multiple large pics it hangs for close to a minute.  I don't really want to
reformat/reinstall windows.  Anybody know of a better fix?  If I changed (in
the registry) my port speeds to tweak a 56k connection, would that help?
Getting the latest version of IE hasn't helped either.

e.  :(