 Off-Topic / Geek / 2988
Re: Alien and gravity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 19:47:30 GMT

"James Simpson" <jsimpson@rice.edu> writes:

Wouldn't you want to enjoy gravity if you were traveling in space for
months at a time?

I probably would.  But where does it all come from?  Just what generates
the gravity?

And I think the crew were mostly traveling asleep/frozen.  And they were
revived for docking and such, I think.

I agree.  IMO, next to SW:ANH, its the best science fiction movie.

Is that a Star Wars movie?  I can't really tell them apart (except for
the latest), but nowadays I generally dislike them.  When I was a child,
Star Wars was, like, the best thing in this world.  Then I made the
mistake of viewing one of them as an adult.  Of course, it ruined all my
childhood memories.

My comments on "Alien" were, BTW, meant as geekish/silly comments, and
not intended to raise a .debate.  I did watch "Alien" with some of my
even more geekish friends, who annoyed my by raising unbelievably
geekish comments during the movie, like "just what is `molecular acid'?"
and "what kind of metabolism do the creatures have since they generate
that much slime _all_ the time?"

Fredrik