 Off-Topic / Geek / 2966
Re: Alien and gravity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:57:03 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:

Ever suppose Cameron read "Starship Troopers"?  :-)

Or, "Congo" for that matter (the dual automated machine gun sequence)?

Did _anyone_ read Congo?  I mean besides Crichton himself, of course!  8^)

Guilty!  I even read "Eaters of the Dead", "The Great Train Robbery" and his
latest screenpla...book.

I've read Jurassic Park, does that count?
Oh, and Sphere, too.

You mean Timeline?  For me, that book was the final nail in the Crichton
Coffin, as if I'd needed another.  He's a writer like Keanu Reeves is an actor.

Are you telling me you didn't find "Bill and Ted..." a guilty pleasure?

The operative question is: Did anyone see "Congo" the movie?  ...and not wish
they hadn't?

I admit I liked it...

What a waste of Bruce Campbell.  And Laura Linney, now that I think of it.
Tim Curry takes pretty much any script that hits his desk, so he gets no
sympathy.  Ditto Ernie Hudson.  I'm only surprised that John Rhys Davies
didn't make an appearance!
I mean, "No!  I didn't see that film in the theater!  Not at all!"

The only movie Tim Curry is in that I'll never watch is Rocky Horror. He was
GreaT in "Clue"...

Hey, don't knock John Rhys Davies. He was a great pompous windbag in
Sliders. Speaking of which, I can't believe that only Cleveant Derricks
couldn't find something better, as did the other original sliders. He was
there til the end.

    Dave!

--Electro--