 Off-Topic / Geek / 2967
Re: Alien and gravity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 12:15:41 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, David Martineau writes:

The only movie Tim Curry is in that I'll never watch is Rocky Horror. He was
GreaT in "Clue"...

  There's not much good to be said about that (those?) movie(s)!  I'd say Dr.
Frankenfurter is Curry's best role to date, and certainly the role (like
Connery's James Bond) that he'll spend the rest of his career getting out from
under!

Hey, don't knock John Rhys Davies. He was a great pompous windbag in
Sliders. Speaking of which, I can't believe that only Cleveant Derricks
couldn't find something better, as did the other original sliders. He was
there til the end.

  John Rhys Davies was also in The Unnameable II, and let's not forget (much as
we might wish we could) the awful made-for-TV movie of The Hulk/Daredevil, in
which he played The Kingpin.  He's had some great roles, but he's been in some
real crap, too--and more of the latter than the former, I'd suggest.
  Sliders isn't much of a recommendation for me; I never got into it because I
couldn't stand any of the characters.  I was always disappointed that they
never "Slid" onto an Earth where no oxygen atmosphere ever formed.  Why didn't
they make that one?  8^)

     Dave!