 Off-Topic / Geek / 2943
2942  |  2944
Subject:
Alien and gravity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 15:01:20 GMT

I'm watching the movie "Alien".  Why is there gravity on board the ship?
It does not rotate to generate "artificial gravity", and there are no
large planets around.  Ok, so they do operate in a solar system, but
they're not that close to a planet.

And why does the ship have a cool name like "Nostromo"?  I mean, come
on, this is a commercial towing vehicle, right?  So it should have a
"blunt" name like "Bertha" or "Big Boy" or something like that.

Oh, and I like the green text terminals and the computer room with
randomly flashing lights.  It's so futuristic!

It's a great movie, though.

Fredrik