 Off-Topic / Fun / 9698
9697  |  9699
Subject:
Death of the Old Guard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 02:45:32 GMT

I don't think Lego Castle is dead.

I also don't think Harry Potter is castle, but rather just castle fodder.

However, I submit to you that it is not Lego Castle that is dieing, but rather
Lugnet.castle.

The old guard is all but gone now.  Just about all that's left of the
super-castle posters of long ago are me, Jeff and Troy.

Shiri, Chris, Pawel, Wilson, and all the others have gone away.  Well, gone
away from lugnet, or just moved to .space and .mecha.

The age of the old guard has passed.  The remains of the old guard are now just
guardians of the old ways.

The new guard has taken it's place in the world, but the golden age of
Lugnet.castle is gone I fear.

Lugnet.castle once rivaled space and mecha combined in number of posts a day.
New MOCs were posted every day it seemed.  Now all we have is debate and the
dregs of what was once a powerful lugnet community.

Do not fear change young ones.  Change happens.  We old timers will stay in our
places, as that is where we've decided to be.  But you young ones may find your
place elsewhere, perhaps to be happier.  We will always welcome you home if you
find yourself lost.

You can agree with me, or you can not.  I am just an old rambling man, destined
to live out my ways in my rocking chair on the front porch of life.

Or maybe I'm just having fun... :)

--Anthony
http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros