 Castle / 14054
Re: Death of the Old Guard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 23:20:50 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.castle, Nathan Todd writes:
In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:
I don't think Lego Castle is dead.

I also don't think Harry Potter is castle, but rather just castle fodder.

Here you encounter my first problem: for those of us who don't buy Harry
Potter or Star Wars or studios monsters on principle (me) theres not much
left.

You don't buy those sets "On principle"?  Ye gods, WHY?!  Brick is brick is
brick, no matter what set it comes from.  Even *Jack Stone* has SOME good
parts.  Star Wars and Harry Potter sets have given me *tons* of useful bricks,
plates, and specialized pieces.  It would have been impossible for me to build
my village sections for Brickfest without having SW and HP parts.  Don't limit
yourself because of misguided beliefs that Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Monster
Studios sets are "evil" or "not really Lego".  No set or theme should be
ignored just because it isn't "true" castle.

   I manage just fine, I posted a village ( Straight Street a little while ago)
and it has freed up cash for real castle off bricklink... I don't buy
studios because I don't think lego should make monster stuff for kids (there
is enough in other toys) and it would be pretty hypocritical to complain and
buy the sets. I don't like Harry Potter or Star wars (the new ones) so I
don't buy them.
  I would not skip a theme because it is not Castle (I have ninja for
example, to open a can of worms)

    Thanks for your concern and God Bless,

         Nathan