 Castle / 14062
Re: Death of the Old Guard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 02:53:36 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:
Shiri, Chris, Pawel, Wilson, and all the others have gone away.  Well, gone
away from lugnet, or just moved to .space and .mecha.
The age of the old guard has passed.  The remains of the old guard are now just
guardians of the old ways.

I don't even make the list(::weeping::)?  What about Mookie(::grumble::)?
How about Bruce (who recently had the castle poll)?

I was about to say I wouldn't call myself old guard on castle, but I looked
for my first message on Castle and it is #15.  Still, I'm not old guard in
the way the others were: my interest in Lego (besides an activity I do with
my son) is gaming, and it doesn't take me down the same path (though I
admire what others have achieved).  I'm always willing to gab about things
medieval, though (I was just playing the computer game Medieval: Total War,
in fact).

And Bruce is certainly old guard in gaming... I was perusing my CDROM of
Dragon Magazine recently, and noticed Bruce's name in a listing of GMs
in The Strategic Review (the Dragon's predecessor).

Frank