 Castle / 14603
Re: Death of the Old Guard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 17:32:02 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Erick Jensen writes:
True I think the 'old guard' is gone.  I was a lurker for past few years.  I
didn't have a digital camera or the desire to share my creations with the
world.  It was a hobby or time killer for me, building castles and whatnot.
Now I think I have some ideas that are worth sharing.  I hope to become part
of the 'new guard' and welcome back the 'old guard'.  Because let's face it,
they'll be back.  Nobody with that kind of motivation and imagination can
just quit.  Shiri, Chris, Pawel and the rest will be back.  I have faith.  I
also know the lego castles will be back.  I predict this.  The Megablocks
dragons, and the Lord of the Rings sets, will spark a comeback.  Megablocks
will continue to create decent sets for good prices.  This will eventually
take a percentage away from Lego.  And if Lego has anyone who went to
buisness school, they will realize the trend and capitalize on it.  This
will produce a Renaissance of sorts.  Once the HP line runs down, the castle
will return, with force.  You just know the designers are sitting on some
models that will blow our minds.  The time will be right for new peices and
figs too.  Just wait till it comes.   I'm pumped.  Also to tide the
residents of castle over for bit, with-in the week, my brickshelf account
will be full of MOCs.  Dragons, Airships, Battleships, Figs, Castles,
Weapons, etc.  I got some good stuff here!

Hi Erick! Thanks for the enthusiasm. I know I'm jumping in a little late on
this, but I agree with you. I don't think castle is dead at all! I've seen
some wonderful creations around here as of late. While it may never be as
busy as the "olden days", that's probably just because I've shut my mouth a
little bit, hehe! High spirits are all we need, and just because some of us
have left or stopped posting, does not mean anyone else can't take the torch
and pass it on. Positive attitude is the kind of thing to get it going! Why
not create a *new* story site, or offer to help out Richard Marchetti with
reviving CW? Think about it. There's a whole folder of castle.org that can
be full of organizations, CW doesn't have to be the only one!

So keep up the positive outlook, Erick. New people --> new energy --> new
ideas! Just because some of the old posters left does not mean the new ones
can't pick up where we left off.

-Shiri