 Castle / 14064
Re: Dead men tell no tales!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 04:17:10 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Aaron West writes:
One thing that I have been
persuaded to agree to from building experience is that the castle wall piece
that we all value so much is really a handicap.  You must build around it
most of the time, they don't flow well into a large wall, they are too thin
and they increase the expense of a LEGO set......  I have a bunch
of these castle wall pieces, but I would rather just had grey bricks I
think.

I heartily agree.  A big turn-off for me (and the reason I voted against the
BFF in the Legends vote) for any castle set is the inclusion of too many
panel walls.  I almost never use them.  They make for less flexible building
styles, and IMO they look less like a real castle than a bunch of blocks.
That said, I did get the Western set Fort Legoredo and loved it despite the
inclusion of a whole bunch of those log-wall panels.  So I'm not a complete
purist on this.  (Though I would have much preferred a huge pile of 1x4
brown log bricks.)

The only thing that a CURRENT MARKET AVAILABILITY LEGO builder will
be thwarted by is the lack of army building mini figures and weapons.

Agreed.  But it does seem fairly easy to get set 4806, Axe Cart.
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4806
I got a bunch of those on sale and they each have two axes, two crossbows, a
spear, and a shield.
I have, though, bought most of my castle figs on e-bay or bricklink.

Bruce