 Castle / 14055
Re: Death of the Old Guard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 00:12:27 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Todd writes:

snip
I manage just fine, I posted a village ( Straight Street a little while ago)
and it has freed up cash for real castle off bricklink... I don't buy
studios because I don't think lego should make monster stuff for kids (there
is enough in other toys) and it would be pretty hypocritical to complain and
buy the sets. I don't like Harry Potter or Star wars (the new ones) so I
don't buy them.
I would not skip a theme because it is not Castle (I have ninja for example,
to open a can of worms)

   Thanks for your concern and God Bless,

        Nathan

Just to throw in my 2 cents worth, I'm a castle fan, but I havn't posted much,
(or photographed anything) I "found" lugnet about a year ago, and joined
shortly after, like many here, I mourn the lack of decent castle theme models,
and for those of us on this side of the world (NZ), with the horrendous charges
for post and packing that shop@home want, getting bulk bricks and the few
castle theme models available are simply too expensive an exercise to consider.

I generally pore over ALL the models that LEGO release, where possible I also
look up the parts list from PEERON, and if a model has a reasonable amount of
usable parts, then it goes on the list to be purchased, and yes I do end up
with an amount of items that are not all that useful, (I have a steadily
growing army of schoolkids and a growing fleet of rowing boats to give an
example) but then, maybe sometime in the future I will be able to find a use
for them.

So until LEGO release more items in the Castle theme, I agree with what others
have posted - "all sets are spare parts" but some are sparer than others ;-)

Ken