 Castle / 14613
Re: Death of the Old Guard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 21:49:03 GMT

I digress, if you are concerned that .castle is losing posters to other
groups, then perhaps you could do something to change that.  Post some cool
MOCs.  Strike up conversation about medieval history.  Make a Lugnet Poll
that might spark a new thread.  Or do what the .spacers did: Develop a group
project that others might be inspired by.  When they started the Moonbase
project it took off like wildfire and is still going strong now.  Maybe
.castle could do something of that nature?

I know, I know.  That is what CW and IOM were supposed to be.  Well, perhaps
reviving CW is one option.  Or perhaps starting a new group idea would work.
The old adage around here seems to be, if you have something to complain
about, do something to change it.

realize for a second who you are replying to: Anthony has done as much as
anyone in the past six months to keep lugnet.castle going, in a word: complete
the Epic of Ikros, as well as begin on a new Epic.  And he is continuing to do
inspiring work on a variety of levels.  If anyone has the right to complain
about lack of participation, it is Anthony.

IOM was supposed to be the rebirth of CW and .castle, but it suffered from a
severe lack of preparation and time (heck, it even pulled .space and .mecha
ppl to .castle).  The people involved were doing some big things at the time in
their personal lives.  I understand that, I'm coming back from my summer long
hiatus because I didn't have ready internet access.  I think about doing stuff
like that, but it's difficult considering job/married life/etc.

I think Anthony's post is meant not to complain and moan and groan, but to
offer a point from which people can rebuild.  To brainstorm and come up with
something that truly can bring about a renaissance.

_lenny