 Off-Topic / Fun / 9155
Re: What are your other hobbies and passions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 06:48:52 GMT

William R Ward wrote:

"Magnus Lauglo" <thunder_road@hotmail.com> writes:
I'm not sure if this has come up in the past, (if so, can someone please
direct me to that thread), but I wonder what kinds of non lego activities
you guys get up to, and if you have found any comparisons or contrasts
between other hobbies and your lego hobby. Often someone's passions indicate
a lot about the person. Maybe some of us can find other AFOLs who share our
other hobbies and passions? I'll go first.
[...]

My hobbies are in a state of constant flux - like the LEGO cycle of
dark ages and activity, I go through a similar cycle with other
hobbies/interests.  But some of those are:

* Commodore 8-bit computers (I got my first - a VIC-20 - when I was
  10, and my first LEGO dark age happened in my early teens as I got
  more into computers...  but I never sold off my childhood bricks)
  (currently in a Commodore dark age; they're in storage)

One of the first PCs I used was a Commodore PET.

* Other books: science fiction (currently in a bit of a dark age
  there), fantasy (just discovered it recently), and a variety of
  other genres as well.

I always lump F&SF, because while most books can be slotted into one or
the other, there are definitely books which really belong in between. Of
course really almost all SF is fantasy. These days I tend to read mostly
fantasy, but I definitely still read some SF (of course some of my
favorite SF authors haven't written much lately).

Frank