 Off-Topic / Fun / 9151
Re: What are your other hobbies and passions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 23:34:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Christopher L. Weeks writes:

"Designer Board Games" - this phrase was listed in Bruce Schlickbernd's
response to this thread.  If it means what I think...German-style (high
quality, rather than this Monopoly crap) board games then that's what I'm
currently doing in gaming.

The name "German-Style" games lost out in a hobby vote to "Designer Games",
so that's what many people are refering to (dare I say it?) German-style
games as now.  There was a long list of names - I don't remember what I
voted for, but I thought it better than "Designer Games" (which makes it
sounds like jeans with a fancy label and a high price, IMHO).

Bruce

(who only doesn't have thousands of games because if it doesn't fit into the
walk-in pantry, it gets sold.  Yes, I know normal people store food in the
pantry, but my wife doesn't cook but does play games!)
:-)