 Off-Topic / Fun / 9152
Re: What are your other hobbies and passions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 23:49:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Matt Hein writes:
Drawing- This is by far one of my favorite hobbies. I like to render
scenery, characters, weapons designs, equipment and vehicles of all sorts,
using a ball point pen (it adds that sketchy effect, and I can change the
line tone as much as I want, can't do that with pencil.)
A lot of them are either Sci fi of fantasy oriented and
revolve around a novel I'm writing as of now.

In an excercise designed to not get further replies, I'm certainly making a
lot.  :-)

My art instructors singularly loathed anything done in (gasp) ball point
pen.  But to make you feel better, I saw a whole animated film done with
ball point pens (Corny Cole, who goes back to Warner Brothers animation).

You can change the line "tone" (width or darkness?) with pencil.  The former
with pressure (but it takes practice), the latter with pressure or varying
pencil hardness.

Running- I like to run long distances, 'nuff said.

Animation- Have you ever tried drawing cartoon characters on paper, and then
making your own cartoons? Fun stuff, it is. Mostly, though, I draw comic
strips, and my own cartoon characters, based on my story, the Draken Chronicles.

Well, see, ball point pen animations: it can be done!  :-)

Bruce