 Off-Topic / Fun / 7636
Re: I WANT FOLIAGE!!! (was Re: How Many Cypress Trees Would You Order?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 22:59:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Michael Fetsko writes:
To everybody in the discussion:

Do you want to know the scary thing about the trees? Over a 4 year period I
bought a 140 service packs (1988-1992) from a mail order company in Denmark
for about $2.50 a pack. I listed 8 single packs 4-6 month ago on e-bay for
$15.00 starting prices and they ended up between $25.00- $32.00 per pack.
(Go figure)

BECAUSE PEOPLE HAVE BECOME "FRUSTRATED"......
I have decided not to to sell any more cypress tree sets becuase I can see
the "F.U.N." factor is no longer in our hobby and our community!!!!!

Hi Larry!

  When I reviewed the posts on cypress trees I saw that one of my auctions
became a topic of discussion of whether OR not to spend outrageous amounts
of money on an item that The Lego Company should have never dicontinued in
the first place. Being a collector and a community member I felt embarrassed
because I was the beneficiary of the debate. I have been collecting for a
long time and I have bought and sold MANY sets over the last 3 years. I know
what it feels like to be out bid at the last second and then to read about
the what-ifs  and only-ifs... well, it just bothers me.

Mike

Not sure I am following you here, Mike. What exactly are you saying?

++Lar