 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2902
2901  |  2903
Subject:
I WANT FOLIAGE!!! (was Re: How Many Cypress Trees Would You Order?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 03:28:09 GMT

Previously, I wrote this:
How many cypress trees would you order if they came back as an accessory
offering?

Today I bid on this:
Lego #5192 CYPRESS TREES X6 SERVICE BAGS! Item # 1609955387
which closed at $109.50 USD.

Why didn't I win this auction?

Because that is WAY TOO MUCH @$$%!#@ MONEY to spend on such a thing,
especially for the number of elements involved!!! And because I have faith
that TLC/Lego Direct will do the *right thing* and make many more kinds of
foliage available by way of the accessory pack offerings -- and hopefully
quite soon, right?

=)

I think it is fair to assert that there is as much demand for certain
foliage items, especially in large numbers, as almost any of the rare and
difficult to obtain items TLC has ever made. And foliage of ALL kinds REALLY
should be readily available - as opposed to being so hard to come by, as it
stands now.

While the two pine tree sizes offered as "bulk" is a decent start, and while
some other items are still available in sets, the following foliage elements
should be readily available in bulk/accessory packs:

1)  cypress Trees
2)  globe or fruit Trees
3)  14 stud plant leaves
4)  6 stud plant leaves
5)  flower stems
6)  flowers in all kinds of colors (trans flowers would be gorgeous!)

And I would add these items to bulk foliage offerings too (being greedy):

7)  brown arches, regular and inverted
8)  1x2 brown plates
9)  brown corner walls
10) brown 1x2, and 1x1 bricks
11) green and brown rope-vine elements
12) light and dark green 1x1 modified vertical clip tiles
13) palm fronds and trunk elements
14) bamboo 3 leaf cylinders
15) 7 leaf adventurers palm frond
16) flame style trans green seaweed
17) weird SW seaweed
18) green vines (the castle/forest style)

And don't skimp on the brown brick elements either -- many are needed to
form hill and mountain substructures upon which to place the foliage
elements if one is to create forests and so forth.

So Brad Justus, or whomever at TLC I am addressing: hook us up, Babies!!!
It's not like we didn't have access to such foliage accessory packs before,
because we did.  Even cypress trees...!

Thanks in advance,

-- Hop-Frog (the green thorn in TLC's side)