 Off-Topic / Fun / 7638
Re: I WANT FOLIAGE!!! (was Re: How Many Cypress Trees Would You Order?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 04:53:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Michael Fetsko writes:

When I reviewed the posts on cypress trees I saw that one of my auctions
became a topic of discussion of whether OR not to spend outrageous amounts
of money on an item that The Lego Company should have never dicontinued in
the first place. Being a collector and a community member I felt embarrassed
because I was the beneficiary of the debate. I have been collecting for a
long time and I have bought and sold MANY sets over the last 3 years. I know
what it feels like to be out bid at the last second and then to read about
the what-ifs  and only-ifs... well, it just bothers me.

Thanks for clearing that up, Mike.

I'm not trying to start a war or be critical here so take what I say with a
grain of salt, but it seems to me that you ought to be able to do what you
see fit without letting what others think get to you.

I hope you stopped selling cypress trees because you decided you want to
play with the ones you have left, not because you felt guilty that people
were paying a lot for them. But they're yours so I support you no matter
what you decided to do...

++Lar