 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2891
2890  |  2892
Subject:
Calling Out the Man Behind the Curtain! (was Re: How Many Cypress Trees Would You Order?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 18:52:08 GMT

"Lar" writes:
Where I am going with that is that .75 is an inhibiting price point for the
quantity that I would REALLY like to order should they come out.

Well Lar, I ask you this:

Do you find $0.75 USD for a cypress tree a realistic price? What would you
propose in the alternative? And anyway, I thought you were Mr. Moneybags?

I thought I would never ask this, but TLC is SO bloody slow with their bulk
offerings that I wonder if anyone has given any more thought to a bulk
element buying consortium -- one that could not only buy large quantities of
bricks in bulk (possibly for resale in smaller quantities), but also *order*
parts be manufactured (for the sake of whimsy let's say a trans-red
pitchfork) because they can order a quantity sufficient to meet TLC's profit
motive.

Many moons ago -- when this subject last came up, I came down very hard on
Mr. P because I thought he was a megalomaniacal idiot that could not be
trusted to move forward with the needs of the whole AFOL community.  But I
have had a change of heart!  I have since decided that Mr. P is a
megalomaniacal idiot that CAN be trusted to move forward with the needs of
the whole AFOL community!

=oP

Anyway, unless TLC/Lego Direct speeds up the *bulk* offerings process,
perhaps this subject should be discussed in greater detail...

-- Hop-Frog (Your Friendly Neighborhood Harbinger of HPV)