 Off-Topic / Fun / 7608
Re: New Train Sets #10013 and #10014
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 03:46:44 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Shiri Dori writes:

I recommend it! (Then again, men don't _like_ romantic comedies, right? <grin>)

This movie also got bad reviews because the reviewers saw it as a poor and
unimaginative remake of _The Secret Life of Veronique_ which they had all
seen umpteen times at Cannes during their golden age and mentioned in their
reviews. I've never noticed that movie anywhere.

I thought the movie was spellbinding, at least the first half. I saw it with
two other guys instead of _Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas_. Now one of them
is in Sicily and the other is in Ghana--I can't remember going to any guy
movies since then...

Have you seen Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? This is the Coen Brothers movie
that rewrites Homer's Odyssey as a Mississippi prison break musical....
impossible, but true.