 Off-Topic / Geek / 3119
Re: Phrase
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 04:56:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:
<snip>
Is that cool or what?

Very. Definitely.

BTW, Larry, speaking of geeks of some sort, you're a system architect,
right? My dad is writing a book (1) about system modeling, and I'm actually
his editor (nobody else gives him comments anywhere NEAR as deep-level as I
do (2)). So I'm actually becoming quite the geek in this stuff. Do you use
UML? Do you like it? What are its best sides, and biggest flaws, in your
opinion?

   I've gotta ask the obvious question (or not so obvious?):  Is
   he writing it in English or in Hebrew?  Or both?  As an editor
   myself I'm interested in how he's positioned himself and how
   the publishing process works outside the US and Europe.  Is
   this a commissioned work that already has an agreement to
   publish (which I'd assume, giving your dad's credentials), or
   is it something he's going to shop around after it's all done?

g'night!
-Shiri, now officially a 17 year old! Although I have been for a few hours
really (I was born on Israel time ;-).

   Oh man, am *I* ever old.  =:S  Happy birthday!

   LFB