 Off-Topic / Fun / 7592
Re: New Train Sets #10013 and #10014
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:23:06 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
  "NOBODY expects the Spanish Encephalitis!"

Sliding Doors (was that the name in english?), woohoo! I loved that movie,
I'm a goner for parallel worlds / anything of the sort, and that was very
cool. Plus it was a romantic comedy in the mix. And it had that cute British
guy. Can't say I love Gwyneth, but she's OK. Good movie :-) ... in fact, I'm
gonna add it to my favorites on my membership page (I forgot all about it
til right now).

   What movie?  The phrase faaaarrr predates Gwyneth Paltrow--
   it probably predates her *birth*, in fact.  It's a Monty
   Pythonism from the Flying Circus days (not the movies).
   Three guys in red outfits who show up whenever someone gets
   offended and says "Well, I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition"
   burst in and yell "NOOOObody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
   Cardinal Biggles, PUT HER IN THE COMFY CHAIR!" etc etc etc.
   One of the better bits, really--nobody ever *did* satisfactorily
   explain why one of them wore a leather flight cap with goggles.

   best

   Lindsay