 Off-Topic / Fun / 581
Re: Free NNTP server
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 23:42:25 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

Not bad.  At those prices I'd probably go for the 768, although it
would be tough to go from free ISP and $30/mo for 128k ISDN to $95 for
768.  Probably worth it in the long run for frustration alone.

It's quite nice.  All you need to do, is have a hub, hook the xDSL modem into
the hub, and you have all the access you want.  We currently have 5 computers
on our system, with only 1 xDSL connection.  (our ISP dynamically allocates
IP's for non-static IP computers ...)

For 6X the speed, (both up and down), I think it's worth 3x price ...

--
Lee Jorgensen  --  Custom Programmer
mailto://ljorgensen@uswest.net