 Off-Topic / Fun / 553
Re: Free NNTP server
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 15:20:33 GMT

Matt Marshall wrote:

I've been pondering several things
1)Is there a free newsgroup thing like Deja News but that you can use
outlook with?
2)What's the best free NNTP server if any for win9x
3)Whats the best http server if any for win9x

Apache works quite nicely, and has a big following.  >50% of all web sites
use it.  It's for *nix, Win32 (95/98/NT), and possibly others ...
And it's quite small (about 3Meg without source)
http://www.apache.org

4)What was that service called ML something so you could get a subdomain
name for a IP address?

Monolith?  http://www.ml.org ...
unfortunately, they are completely down.  I can still get to my address,
since it's
on their DNS, but other than that, new sites won't occur.

I'm not sure if there are any other free services like this anywhere.

Thanks

--
Matt Marshall
$%#$% Vacuum Cleaners Always get my pieces!!!

--
Lee Jorgensen, Programmer/Analyst - Bankoe Systems, Inc.
mailto://jorgensen@bankoe.moc  <-- reverse moc