 Off-Topic / Fun / 572
Re: Free NNTP server
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 01:28:26 GMT

You can.  But I really don't recommend it, nor does the Apache group.
I run it on NT as a service, and occasionally, on my Win98 machine
at home.

Once you get a feel for it, it's quite nice.

WarFTP brings me back to the days of BBS'es since the guy who wrote
that wanted that interface.  Though the learning curve on 1.70 is a bit
steeper than 1.65, it ends up being more stable, IMO.

I looked at iMatixs' HTTP/FTP server ... nice.  I like it from what I've
seen,
however, the configuration is still unfamiliar.  Plus, it's only about
1.3Meg(in RAM)
whereas Apache/WarFTP comes in around 5Meg(in RAM).

I'll be checking it out more ... I'll set up my work computer with
iMatix, and see
how that runs.

Matt Marshall wrote:

Do you use apache on win95?
Matt Marshall
$%#$% Vacuum Cleaners Always get my pieces!!!
Matt's Lego Page
http://rapturesoft.hypermart.net/mlego/

--
Lee Jorgensen  --  Custom Programmer