 Off-Topic / Fun / 3700
Re: Happy December!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 11:12:47 GMT

Gary Istok <gistok@umich.edu> wrote in message
news:384D6496.2D3AEC20@umich.edu...

Yes, it is illegal to SELL brandy fill chocolates in most USA states, • because
the state Liquor Control Commissions in each state are narrow minded.  But • you
can bring them into the USA from Germany.  Some states allow them, a few
exceptions that come to mind are New York and Nevada. There is about 1/4 • of a
shot of pure brandy in each of the bottle shaped chocolates.  They are
WONDERFUL!!!!!  My youngest nephews (aged 12, 12 & 15) just love them too.
Their parents allow them a "shot" around the Holiday.  Most Americans are
horrified with the thought of giving young kids some alcohol, but it is • not
unusual in Europe (just a little).

Whenever I  let people try the brandy chocolates for the first time, they • love
it, and then they bother me to get them some.  My shopping list (for • others) for
German goods (whenever I go there to visit) has only 1 item .... Asbach • Uralt
Brandy Chocolates, the worlds most potent alcoholic chocolates.

A true Choco-holic.

I know those bottle shaped ones..:-) We have customers in Germany and it is
a frequent place that some departments must visit (unfortunatelly not me)
and they br,ngs those choclates everytime they returned. They are really
beaitiful. And watching religious friends is a big fun (Islam forbids
alchole in any ways), while tasting them first as a "plain choclate"..:-)

Selçuk

And now some LEGO news (to keep this from going off.topic),  LEGO made • 2x12 and
2x14 bricks in the mid-1950's in Denmark only.  I don't think they have • made
them since.

Gary Istok