 Off-Topic / Fun / 3638
Re: Happy December!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 15:15:00 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Christopher Lannan writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Selçuk wrote:

Illegal Chocolate?  What kind of a thing is it?..:-)

It is illegal to sell candy in the US that has any sort of alcohol in
it. I have never heard a good explanation why other than "kids might eat
it and decide that booze is fun or tastes yummy".

Small teensey rant here:

I think it's probably because we have a long standing tradition in this
country of deciding how other people can and cannot get there jollies. Many
entertainments and vices of an "adult" nature offend the sensibilties of a lot
of people, and, instead of just choosing not to partake, they campaign
mightily to make sure others can't either.

  I find this rant offensive, and I'm going to work very hard to see that you
can't continue it!   8^)

  Dave!
  (just kidding, of course!)