 Off-Topic / Fun / 3689
Re: Happy December!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 19:48:39 GMT

Selçuk wrote:

Gary Istok <gistok@umich.edu> wrote in message
news:3846A941.F7D7158A@umich.edu...

...<snip>...

Besides the LEGO Advents Calendar, I also have a Asbach-Uralt Brandy • Chocolate
Advent Calendar (Asbach-Uralt is a very popular German Cognac).  Yummy. • For those
who have never experienced the wonderful (and very potent) Asbach Uralt • Brandy
Chocolates (illegal to purchase (but not to own) in most of the USA), they • are the
finest brandy chocolates in the world.  (My German bias showing thru.)

Illegal Chocolate?  What kind of a thing is it?..:-)

Selçuk

Frohe Weihnachten und ein gesundes Neues Jahr
Un joyeaux Noël et une bonne et heureuse Annèe
Merry Chrismas and a Happy New Year

Gary Istok

Yes, it is illegal to SELL brandy fill chocolates in most USA states, because
the state Liquor Control Commissions in each state are narrow minded.  But you
can bring them into the USA from Germany.  Some states allow them, a few
exceptions that come to mind are New York and Nevada. There is about 1/4 of a
shot of pure brandy in each of the bottle shaped chocolates.  They are
WONDERFUL!!!!!  My youngest nephews (aged 12, 12 & 15) just love them too.
Their parents allow them a "shot" around the Holiday.  Most Americans are
horrified with the thought of giving young kids some alcohol, but it is not
unusual in Europe (just a little).

Whenever I  let people try the brandy chocolates for the first time, they love
it, and then they bother me to get them some.  My shopping list (for others) for
German goods (whenever I go there to visit) has only 1 item .... Asbach Uralt
Brandy Chocolates, the worlds most potent alcoholic chocolates.

A true Choco-holic.

And now some LEGO news (to keep this from going off.topic),  LEGO made 2x12 and
2x14 bricks in the mid-1950's in Denmark only.  I don't think they have made
them since.

Gary Istok