 Off-Topic / Fun / 1634
1633  |  1635
Subject:
Mormon myths (Was: Building exhaustion)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 14:58:55 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:
My understanding is (cover your ears, Sproat) that after the LDS church
acquired a large interest in Pepsi, they've removed caffiene from their
list of contra-indicated substances.

Did you ever wonder why Pepsico came out with "Pepsi Free"?  (1)  Twice the
sugar and none of the caffeine.

No, caffeine is still frowned upon, even though Pepsico is partially
controlled by Mormons.  Funny thing is, though:  hot drinks are
*specifically* verboten per the Word of Wisdom, but I know a helluva lot of
Mormons who drink hot chocolate, without a guilty conscience.  I guess you
gotta pick your vice.

...Am I the only resident Mormon on LUGNET?  Wow, I could be a minority of
one!  :-,

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  Incidentially, it wasn't the LDS Church itself investing in Pepsico, but
rather a member of the church with too much money on his hands.  (2)  I
understand that Coca-Cola is partially owned by Church members, also.

2.  Which wasn't such a terrible thing -- they'd shaken up the soft drink
industry for a while by doing so.

"I prefer the term para-mental.  It keeps me out of the loony bin."