 Off-Topic / Fun / 1639
Re: Mormon myths (Was: Building exhaustion)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 16:06:14 GMT

Sproaticus wrote:

Steve Bliss wrote:
My understanding is (cover your ears, Sproat) that after the LDS church
acquired a large interest in Pepsi, they've removed caffiene from their
list of contra-indicated substances.

Did you ever wonder why Pepsico came out with "Pepsi Free"?  (1)  Twice the
sugar and none of the caffeine.

No, caffeine is still frowned upon, even though Pepsico is partially
controlled by Mormons.  Funny thing is, though:  hot drinks are
*specifically* verboten per the Word of Wisdom, but I know a helluva lot of
Mormons who drink hot chocolate, without a guilty conscience.  I guess you
gotta pick your vice.

Hot chocolate also has caffeine...

--
Frank Filz