 Off-Topic / Fun / 1619
Re: Building exhaustion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 17:43:16 GMT

Tom McDonald wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Tom McDonald wrote:
(no doubt you'll have two seep-through bags in your cup? :)
Only two?
I'm guessing you're not quite an addict and that you're spending more of your
money on lego.

Actually, I am a serious caffeine addict.  Shame on me -- my "donations" to
Dr. Pepper are more than enough to keep them in business.  It does cause one
to wonder why the stuff is legal.

I can't stand coffee, but I have at least 32 oz. of Dr. Pepper each day.  If
I don't get it, I go into withdrawl pretty bad -- the shakes, the headaches,
the irritability, the desire to watch Star Trek Voyager, the works.

Makes me wonder why more serious coffee-addicts just don't eat the beans
straight. No muss, no fuss, no cleanup.
I am puzzled: rather than chew a bean, how will the
addition of mere water help prevent this? Maybe the chemical interaction with a
donut helps..
[...]
oops, nope. It doesn't.

I'm only going to *contemplate* what you did in the mean-time.  I'm savoring
the image...  :-,

I can't drink Coke like that either. It gives me yucky breath too.

You mean from the can, or syrup straight from the bag?

Barbara and I visited the Coca-Cola place in Vegas recently.  (1)  According
to the tour guide, Coca-Cola syrup is still sold in drug stores as a
cure-all.  Hmmm...  Nothing like that on the Rite-Aid shelves in Utah,
though.

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  Located on the Strip, right next-door to the M&Ms place and across the
street from the La Quinta Inn (2).  The Coca-Cola bit was better, IMO.
That, and the Big Shot ride at the top of the Stratosphere at night are
about the only places on the Strip I would recommend any more. (3)

2.  Ain't no way I'm paying more than $100 a night just to have a place to
sleep...

3.  If you want to hear my Las Vegas tirade, you'll have to beg.  :-P

"I prefer the term para-mental.  It keeps me out of the loony bin."