 Off-Topic / Fun / 1623
Re: Building exhaustion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 20:58:20 GMT

"Jesse R. Long" wrote:
Sproaticus <jsproat@geocities.com> wrote in message
It does cause one to wonder why the stuff is legal.
Money.

Okay, sure, but there's a *huge* market for illegal drugs, also.  The amount of potential
revenue is staggering, and could easily fix or break the U.S. trade deficit.

And the number of people who get addicted is low,

?!?  Give me numbers, please.  I'm sure that there are as many people addicted to caffeine
as there are people addicted to alcohol.

and there's little cost to society created by caffeine addicts.

Hah!  I hardly think so.  Just the other day, I held my cow-orkers at belch-point until my
caffeine cravings could be satisfied.

...okay, I made that one up.  But that kind of behavior can get you kicked out of Six
Flags Marine World (1).

I didn't know you could get caffeine in Utah.

Oh, sure.  The crack dealers on my corner have a really nice selection of caffeinated
beverages.

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  I am not making this up:
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/od/story.html?s=v/nm/19990507/od/crime_belch_1.html

"I prefer the term para-mental.  It keeps me out of the loony bin."