 Off-Topic / Fun / 1310
Re: Where do paper clips go ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 23:04:32 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Duane Hess writes:
Where do paper clips go after they are used?

I am putting together a package for a production run and have used nearly a
full box of paper clips as well as countless binder clips. As my mind began
to wander, I wondered, "Where do paper clips go after they are used?"

I have never found a growing stack on my desk, nor in my desk drawer. In
fact, I can never seem to find one when I need one.

I have a pile of over a hundred in my desk drawer at work; I chained them all
together for easy retrieval ;)

If you have any answers, please respond immediately, as it may be a matter
of national security.

Well, certain dark rumors say that they are secretly reclaimed by the
orthodontic profession to make braces, but such news would certainly rock
medical community.

Other unconfirmed sources, more or less militaristic, report that they are re-
used in grenades.

On the other hand, other more or less trustworthy sources in the area (Silicon
Valley) indicate they are reclaimed through filters used in paper recycling,
melted down, and used to make certain brand-name hard drive platters. The
brand-name, of course, escapes me ATM. ;)

-Tom McD.